- 1. Who do I teach?
I provide training for healthy voice use for both professional singers and complete beginners of any age.
- 2.What happens at a lesson?
Every lesson begins with enjoyable and practical vocal, physical and mental warm-up exercises to prepare the student for improving and developing their technical skills.
I show my students how to use their technique to perform their songs with expression and feeling.
I accompany all the songs at the piano/keyboard or you can sing to a backing track. You are very welcome to record your lessons to practise at home.
- 3. Do you have to take singing exams?
No you do not have to take exams but many students enjoy the challenge of preparing for them.
I use the ABRSM syllabus for Classical Singing Exams and LCM or the new GSA board for Music Theatre exams.
- 4. What are some of the benefits of taking singing/voice lessons?
- Singing makes you feel better - physically and mentally
- Singing improves your self confidence and expression
- Singing helps you achieve better posture and body alignment which also produces a more positive body language
- Singing develops your breath management and control, improves vocal flexibility and stamina, increases your range of pitches and eliminates vocal strain.
- 5. How much do lessons cost
For regular weekly/fortnightly appointments, lessons are charged at the following rates:
Age 21+ £16.00/30min Age 21- £15.00/30min
Lessons can be booked on an hourly or half hourly basis but can be longer if required.