- Who do I teach?
I provide training for healthy voice use for both professional singers and complete beginners of any age.
- What happens at a lesson?
Every lesson begins with enjoyable and practical vocal, physical and mental warm-up exercises to prepare the student for improving and developing their technical skills.I show my students how to use their technique to perform their songs with expression and feeling.I accompany all the songs at the piano/keyboard or you can sing to a backing track. You are very welcome to record your lessons to practise at home.
- Do you have to take singing exams?
You do not have to take exams but some students enjoy the challenge and sense of focus that an exam offers.
I use both the ABRSM and the Trinity Syllabus for Classical singing exams, LCM for Music Theatre and Trinity for Pop and Rock.
- What are some of the benefits of taking singing/voice lessons?
- Singing makes you feel better – physically and mentally
- Singing improves your self confidence and expression
- Singing helps you achieve better posture and body alignment which also produces a more positive body language
- Singing develops your breath management and control, improves vocal flexibility and stamina, increases your range of pitches and eliminates vocal strain.
- How much do lessons cost
For regular weekly/fortnightly appointments, lessons are charged at the following rates:
Age 21+ £20.00/30min Age 21- £18.00/30min
Lessons can be booked on an hourly or half-hourly basis, and can be longer if required.